Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Friday, November 28, 2008
Post rules on your blog
Answer the four "4" items
Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
4 Things I did yesterday
- Ate myself sick at two Thanksgiving dinners!
- Put up some Christmas decorations and wondered where the heck I got half of them.
- Hoped that I could fit into a pair of pre-pregnacy jeans...I could get them on, but let's just say it wasn't pretty folks.
- Debated whether or not to wake up at 4:00 am and go shopping with my family...(I wisely decided against it).
4 things I look forward to
- A vacation to somewhere warm or a Caribbean cruise
- Summer! I love Thanksgiving and Christmas, but after those holidays I would be so happy if it got warm again sometime before April.
- A house (I love our town home, but someday a house would be nice).
- More kids (just not anytime soon!)
4 Restaurants I like
- California Pizza Kitchen
- Cafe Pierpont
- Olive Garden
- Market Street
4 Favorite TV shows
- The Office
- Lost (Seriously, when is it going to start up again???)
- Sadly, I used to watch the O.C. whenever I could catch it...I know, I am super cool!
- Biggest Loser
4 People I tag
- Brooke R.
By the way, can someone leave a comment and tell me how to have my list of friends and family update when they post something new. I see it on lots of blogs and have no idea how to do it. Help please!
Saturday, November 15, 2008
To see more of what Brady does click here . Also, call Brady directly at 801-856-6519 rather than the number on the website. It's less expensive that way!
Saturday, November 8, 2008
-Roman Catholics, Evangelists, Mormons, and Christians all helped to pass the Propostition.
-Of the group of 50 people defending the Propostition at the Protest on the Salt Lake Temple, the majority of them were not LDS members.
So, If there were several groups of people in favor of Prop 8 what I want to know is...why all the hate for Mormons? I can understand the group being upset that it passed, but why are they singling out the Mormons???
I was watching the news broadcast of the protest on the L.A Temple and it seriously disturbed me. One of the main advocates to ban Prop 8, Lorri Jean, who might I add, is a "lovely" woman who resembles the mom from GOONIES and THROW MAMA FROM THE TRAIN
was freaking out and said that for every person who helps them in their efforts to defeat Prop 8, even by donating as little as $5, they are going to send a post card with the donators name to President Thomas S. Monson. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME LADY??? She was such an angry, unpleasant woman.
I just don't understand their logic. At the protest on Temple Square there was a sign that read "Mormons used to be persecuted, now they are persecutors." Riiiggghhht, because being tarred and feathered and chased from your home in the middle of the night is the same as someone using their legal right to vote against something they don't believe in...Nice analogy genius.
I am so sick of people picking on Mormons. Why doesn't the media ever show or make mention of how much the LDS church helps out when others fail to step forward. Why doesn't the media show the missionaries who go to remote villages in Africa and dig wells and help build homes and provide medical assistance to those who need it most? Where the heck is the media for those reports...oh, that's right, the are interviewing the few mormons they can find who side with the gays and lesbians to make the LDS church look bad. Well guess what folks, I am getting pretty sick of it. After Obama was elected the democrats came out and said "Okay, let's all work together and not be enemies and just be okay with the election turnout." Oh, so that's how it works if your President gets elected, but not if your Propositions don't pass...I see. What is this world coming to? It seriously scares me for my kids and what they are going to experience in their lifetime.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Butch Chastity: Me
Elias Truist Heath: Zacc
Elvira Lynn Fection: Gretchen
Chief Breaking Wind: Brady
Helena Handcart: Elise
P'elvis Swaggarin: Ty
Dee Adela Muerte: Katie
Wyatt Hertz: Stephenson
Our fun friends went all out and really got into character. Brady even got a spray tan that got progressively darker as the night went on, Katie rented a sweet mexi-dress and Stephenson even bandaged a certain area that was injured by a gun shot wound. Here is a shot of the entire group.
I hope everyone else had as much fun as we did. We will definitely have to do it again...I just hope next time we have a bigger house so we can invite lots more people :)
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Stranger: How far along are you?
Me: Six months.
Stranger: You're only six months! Are you having twins?
Me: Nope, just one.
Stranger: Are they sure, I mean you are awfully big to be only six months.
Me: Yep, there's only one.
Stranger: He is going to be a bruiser!
Me: Actually, it's a she not a he.
Stranger: Are you kidding me, a girl. Is your husband really big?
Me: Nope, he's not.
Well, I thought that these rude comments were over seeing as how I am no longer pregnant, but everywhere I go, people just tell me how tired I look. Telling someone they look tired is just another way of telling someone they look like crap. The sad part is, Macey is a good sleeper. I probably get more sleep than most moms with a 3 month old. The part that I really don't understand is that every single time someone made a comment about how big I was during pregnancy, the person making the comment was usually at least 100 lbs. overweight and usually driving a jazzy scooter...go figure :)
Friday, October 10, 2008
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Thursday, October 2, 2008
MyHeritage: Family trees - Genealogy - Celebrities - Collage - Morph
Obviously I picked a flattering picture of myself because I don't look anything like Eva Mendes, but that's okay. I mean, if this is what the computer says, that it must be right...right???
Sunday, September 14, 2008
* Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
* Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them.
* Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged.
1. I absolutely hate when the seam in my socks isn't straight (at this point most of you are probably thinking.."what seam in socks?" Trust me, there is a seam in socks. It's located at the top of the socks and runs across your toes. For some reason the seam is constantly driving me crazy, and if it's not just right, I take my shoes off and try again and again until it is.)
2. I notice everything. If we have hung out recently (or in junior high), I could probably tell you what you were wearing and remember even small details in a conversation we had (this has somewhat faded since being pregnant, but still there for the most part).
3. I have an obsession with plucking eyebrows and definitely over pluck mine (I am working on that).
4. I HATE ironing. I would rather clean a bathroom anyday than do ironing. At least I feel like I get the bathroom cleaner than when I started...when I iron I am pretty sure I iron wrinkles in :(
5. I don't like anyones feet to touch me. I tend to think feet are gross. Even if they are clean and manicured well, I just don't like feet touching me.
6. For being someone who claims to "notice everything", I seem to tell the same stories over and over again. In junior high, my friends and I played true colors and a question came up about who repeats their stories and I received every single vote...not even kidding. I was so embarassed for like a month I would always start out stories with "I am not sure if I have told you this or not, but..."
Some of these were kind of dumb, but that's all I could come up with...(Weird I know, there are a lot I just couldn't think of any better ones).
I am tagging: Heather , Lisa, Jamie, Annie, Katie , Crystal
Friday, September 5, 2008
Zacc and I both feel stupid when we see the Darling's and we are both wearing hand-me-downs from Katie and Stephenson (I don't know why...their hand-me-downs are still way better than anything we have). To be honest, I love Katie's hand-me-downs, I just wonder if it's weird for her to see me wearing them.
I tend to be a slow learner and have to learn most lessons several times before they finally set in. Often times it feels like two steps forward and one step back. I guess we just need to always try our best and then cut ourselves some slack when we fail. So Amen Gina, here is to a more fulfilling and honest life.
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Zacc and I celebrated our two year anniversary by going to dinner at the Mandarin. The food was fabulous, as always, and we had a wonderful time. I hear people rave about PF Changs all the time, but I would choose the Mandarin over PF Changs anyday. The only bummer of the deal is that I got really sick this weekend and couldn't take care of Macey, so my sweet husband took care of her all weekend. He has horrible allergies and took some benadryl before offering to wake up and feed her in the middle of the night. I felt so bad for Zacc, he was exhausted but took care of Macey without ever complaining so I could get some rest and start feeling better. The two of them were supposed to be having awake time together when I came around the corner to find this...
It was the cutest thing to see the two most important people in my life all snuggled up on the couch. My first thought was to wake them, but instead I decided to be grateful that I have a husband who is so willing to help and snap a couple of pictures instead.
When I think back about mine and Zacc's dating experience I can't believe how lucky I am that he stuck around. I was never one of those girls who fell head over heels in love on the first date and "just knew" we were supposed to be married the second I saw him. It took me a long time to decide that Zacc was the guy I needed to marry. Often times I think about how happy I am and what a great father and husband he is and wonder why he waited around for me to figure it all out. Well, I am not sure either, but I am sure glad he stuck around. Happy Anniversary Love, thanks for all you do and for loving me even when I don't deserve it...which is probably too often. I love you tons and am looking forward to many more anniversaries to come.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Zacc's dad is a professional photographer and took these cute pictures of Macey. He is amazing and we are so lucky to have someone in the family with so much talent. He is always so willing to be of service and will spend as much time as necessary and do whatever we want. Thanks for the photo shoot Ravell...and for being so talented!
Friday, August 8, 2008
Macey is 2 and a half weeks old and I can hardly believe it. It has gone by so fast and at the same time it seems like forever ago that I had her. I am trying to get used to not sleeping...so far it's not going well. The first week of her life I was a wreck and cried to Zacc at least once a day. Although I still feel immensely overwhelmed, it's starting to get better. I can't believe how much I love this little girl (even when she is screaming and won't go to sleep). She is actually a really good baby, Zacc and I are really lucky. Here are some of the many pictures we have been taking! The first is Macey and Luke Rammell at a pool party. Next, is Macey sleeping, and last is Zacc feeding Macey her first bottle :)
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Monday, July 7, 2008
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
My neighbors throw the best showers! Thanks so much girls, I had such a great time tonight :) The food was fabulous and Linzy is quite the host. I "made off like a bandit" (in the words of Cody) with tons of good stuff! Note to self: Don't sit by Katie Darling (the skinniest girl in the whole group) when you are 9 months pregnant :)